Community Fundraising Specialist - Southern SK
The Community Engagement department is responsible for the development and delivery of the Foundation's fundraising programs. The role of the Community Fundraising Specialist is to assist the Manager, Fund Development in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s community based fundraising initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition the role is responsible to:
- Increase the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance strong business relationships.
Business Management Accountabilities:
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of various fund-raising programs that may include Heart&Stroke Big Bike, Third Party events, Special Events and executing the Heart Month (Person to Person) Campaign fundraising program.
- Work with the Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution.
- Promote HSFC’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People Management Accountabilities:
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs.
Business Development Accountabilities:
- Assist Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings etc.
- Support Provincial Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
- Geographic region of Regina and southern part of Saskatchewan
- Fundraising revenue: $200,000
Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
Acts with integrity by promoting consistency among principles, values and behaviours. Adapts communication style as appropriate. Self-aware, committed to professional and personal growth.
2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development;Experience in sales and/or marketing, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion;Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma;Goal setting and achievement orientated;Strong relationship building and communication skillsHighly organized with strong attention to detailPeople management experience an asset;Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP; superior Excel skillsAble to work weekends and eveningsDuring peak periods evening and weekend hours are required*Access to own vehicle and ability to travel;
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Foundation is a smoke free workplace. A criminal reference check is required. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
E-mail or fax your cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources by Oct 20 2014 at 11:45pm.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.